Are you looking for one of the best VR laptops to explore the virtual universes in their most astounding loyalty, yet don’t have space for a PC?
Virtual reality (VR)- ready gaming laptops and VR-ready gaming towers are PCs that contain advanced segments for playing the present famous virtual reality games. These PCs bolster complex VR headsets, and can create the point by point illustrations and fast frame rates expected to deliver sensible virtual universes.
Ever wondered about messing around in 3D games, like you are present there? Virtual Reality is the sole answer to this. The universe is growing, so is the innovation. To keep pace with these progressions, you ought to know about the best alternatives accessible to you.
The specialized requests of virtual reality gaming –alongside the headsets, gloves, and other VR gaming accessories that make it so engaging – are demanding, considerably more so than frameworks worked for customary PC gaming. GPU Graphics cards, processors, and even the sort of USB ports are basic to coordinating another PC to your most loved VR headset.
How to Buy the Right VR-Ready Laptop?
One of the most troublesome parts of effectively bringing VR into your house is the powerful equipment required to run the headsets and software. Desktops are a typical choice for driving your VR headset and PC games, however not every person has the space or the longing for an enormous PC tower.
Having the option to move your VR machine from space to room effectively—or take it in a hurry, on the off chance that you have to show off VR demos—is additionally engaging.
Laptop Buying Guide For Virtual Reality Explorer in 2020
VR Minimum Specs
- CPU : Intel Core i5-6300HQ processor
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, 1050 Ti, 1060, 1070 or 1080 GPU. RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 are the stronger alternatives.
- Memory/RAM: 8GB of RAM
- VRAM :4GB.
- Ports : Min. Two USB 3.0 ports
- Video Output : HDMI 1.4
- Display:1920 x 1080
- OS: Windows 8 or 10
- Windows Driver : 387 and newer
Processor and Memory
CPU should have sufficient cores/threads, cycle times and cache allotments to juggle the intense I/O needs of complex, multi-player VR games.
The recommended onboard RAM for most games hovers around 8GB, and the same holds true for VR. If you plan to also be editing video or rendering graphics with your VR PC, it might be wise to upgrade to 16GB. Otherwise, 8GB will likely be plenty.
If you want to go the least expensive route to getting a new VR–ready gaming PC, this $500 build will do the trick. With a quad-core Intel Core i3-9100f processor, an RX 570 4GB graphics card, and 8GB of RAM, this $500 gaming PC will meet the requirements of the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive.
It’s Just About the Graphics Chip
The most important component for high quality virtual reality gaming is a dedicated graphics card or GPU that’s powerful enough to render the complex, 3D-style imagery that makes VR so immersive. Plus, game-quality VR is presented at higher frames rates than non-VR games and with distinct images for each eye rather than a single image for both.
Unlike normal PC games that will run on lower frame rates, both the Rift and Vive require a constant 90 FPS to work their VR magic and keep people from becoming motion sick. So while Oculus says a GTX 970 is the “recommended” graphics card, it’s really the minimum if you want the best VR experience.
Right Ports Are Crucial
Minimum Two USB 3.0 ports but advisable 3x USB 3.0.Depending on the specific headset and peripherals you’ll use to play your VR/AR/MR games, you’ll need to buy a laptop or tower PC that’s equipped with proper type and amount of USB ports.
As of late 2019, the leading VR platform makers recommend between 1-3 USB 3.0 ports to support their headsets and accessories such as gloves and steering wheels.
Video output is another consideration when matching a new laptop or desktop PC to your favorite VR headset.
Does it Works with Windows Mixed Reality?
In order to check it works with Windows Mixed reality we need to check Windows OS Creators Update and newer drivers required to perform better.
Key Components: Storage and Battery
The recommended minimum allotment for VR is 8 GB of RAM — not much different than what ‘s needed for typical computer gaming. Storage requirements are mostly a function of how many VR games you plan to store for repeated play, and whether you think you’ll benefit from the speed of a solid state drive, which can load games faster than a traditional spinning hard drive.
The following are the best VR-ready laptops on the market based on size, price and use case
TOP 10 Best Laptops for VR in 2019
Alienware 17 – A powerful gaming laptop with plenty of ports
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H (6-Core, 2. 2 GHz)
- NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics Card, Up to 6 GB GDDR5
- 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD
- 17. 3” LCD, IPS, 1920 x 1080 Display
- Stunning Gaming Performance
- Surprisingly decent battery life
- Amazing graphical performance
- Very High audios
- Very Slim model design, Weighs nearly 10 pounds
- Tobii eye-tracking with high-res display only
- CPU performance when compared with few competitors
Razer Blade 15 – The sharpest Blade yet
- DISPLAY: 15.6” Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm bezels), factory color calibrated
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design VR Ready graphics
- PROCESSOR: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor
- DUAL STORAGE: 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD – For speed and capacity
- BUILD QUALITY: Thin and compact, durable CNC aluminum unibody (0.78” x 9.25” x 13.98”)
- MEMORY: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR-4-2667MHz, expandable to 32GB
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Gigabit Ethernet, 3x USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), HDMI, Mini Display Port
- Stunning Stylish Look
- Huge battery life improvement
- Good audio and performance
- Excellent gaming performance
- Dull and dim display
- Shallow goofy keyboard layout
- Awfully expensive
- Featuring the latest mobile technologies with 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8550U 1.8GHz (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) Processor and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics
- 15.6 inches Full HD Wide View display with up to 178 degrees viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- Slim 14.2 inches wide, 0.7 inches thin and portable footprint with 0.3 inches bezel for a stunning 80% screen to body ratio
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD combo; Ergonomic backlit keyboard
- Comprehensive connections: USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, & HDMI.Fast charge technology also charges the battery to 60 percent in just 49 minutes
- Dual Drives
- Very High and loud audio
- Very Slim & Lightweight
- Battery life is not best
- Low-quality webcam
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H Six Core Processor (9MB Cache, 2.2GHz-4.1GHz) 45W
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State Drive
- Keyboard: Steel Series Per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost Key (84 Key) | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 | Display: 15.6″ Full HD Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 144Hz 7ms 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
- Stunning with fast display
- Excellent performance
- Effective internal thermal management
- Few times underside gets burning hot
- Poor native audio
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (base: 990 MHz, Boost: 1230 MHz; TDP: 90W)
- Intel Core i7 8750H Hexa Core processor
- 17.3” 144Hz 3ms Pantone validated FHD display with NVIDIA G SYNC
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD (Hyper drive) | Windows 10 Professional
- Smaller than standard form Factor only 0.74” (18.7mm) thin
- Reduced temperature compared to conventional cooling design Due to ROG exclusive active Aerodynamic system and 12V fans. Increased longevity with anti dust technology
- Gpu switch mode: switch between integrated and discrete graphics for increased battery life or powerful gaming performance
- Brilliant performance
- Gorgeous design
- Fantastic 17-inch screen
- Very expensive
- battery life could have been better
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with MAX-Q design & 8 GB of dedicated GDDR5X VRAM
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit IPS 120Hz Refresh Rate Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- 32GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe SSD in RAID 0 configuration
- Dual All-Metal Aero Blade 3D Fans with 5 Copper Heat Pipes | VR Ready | Customizable RGB Mechanical KB | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Wireless: Killer Double Shot pro Wireless-AC 1535 802.11ac
- Vivid Screen; bright
- Excellent Performance
- Loud and clear audio
- Battery life should be improved
- touchpad placement is not proper
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X with 8th-Gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (up to 3. 9 GHz)
- 144Hz refresh rate 17. 3″ Full HD IPS-Type AHVA gaming panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC and 3ms response time
- 256GB Pie NV Me M. 2 (hyper drive) SSD, 2TB FireCuda hybrid Drive and 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
- Asus Aura Sync RGB keyboard with individual per-key customization. 2. 5mm key travel distance
- Copper tunnels Independently cool the CPU and GPU. Dual 12V fans with Ant-Dust technology
- Brilliant gaming performance
- Very High-end components
- Best keyboard
- Slightly expensive
- battery life is short
- Intel Quad Core i7-7820HK 2.9 – 3.9GHz Turbo Processor, 16GB (16Gx1) DDR4 2400MHz Memory, Intel CM238 chipset, 1TB (7200RPM) SATA HDD, Aquantia AQtion Multi-Gig Ethernet
- 17.3″ FHD Display, 1920×1080 (16:9) Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 120Hz 3ms 94%NTSC with True Color Tech, Bluetooth 4.1, SD (XC/HC) card reader, FHD webcam ([email protected])
- Next Generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 Graphics with 8G GDDR5X Dedicated Video Memory, Fully Backlit Keyboard per key RGB Mechanical Keyboard by SteelSeries with Anti-Ghost key
- 360° virtual surround sound powered by Nahimic, Two 3W Dynaudio Tech Speakers plus 5W woofer, Aquantia Multi-Gig LAN with Killer software, Windows 10, Killer Command Center.
- Five USB 3.0 ports, Thunderbolt 3 Type-C Port, HDMI Video Port (supports [email protected]), Mini DisplayPort 1.2 , Audio Port, 8 cell (75Whr) Battery Pack, 330W AC Power Adaptor.
- Brilliant Intel Core i9 performance
- Superior mechanical keyboard
- 120Hz monitor
- Runs hot when under load
- Battery life is not good
- 15.6″ Thin Bezel LG FHD 144Hz 1920×1080 IPS Anti-Glare display LCD. Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2Ghz-4.1GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GDDR6 8GB
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M.2 NVMe PCIe 512GB Intel 760P SSD + 2TB HDD | Windows 10 Home
- Microsoft Azure AI | all Intel inside | Intel Wi-Fi AC adapter
- Island style RGB FUSION keyboard | Dual fans + 6 heat pipes + 9 vents
- Killerdoubleshot Pro | Nahimic 3D Audio
- 14.2 x 9.68 x 0.96 inch | 5.29 Ibis | 1 Year Global warranty
- The most powerful desktop replacement
- Best of best graphical performance
- Perfect Display ( Pantone-certified )
- The best cooling system
- Battery life is pathetic
- Trackpad is not good
- Display: 15.6″ FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wide view 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare | Operating System: Win 10 PRO
- Processor: Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core (6 Cores) 2.2 – 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 8G GDDR5X
- Memory (RAM): 16GB (16G*1) DDR4 2666MHz 4 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB | Storage: 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB (7200RPM)
- Special Features: VR Ready | Aluminum Black | Killer N1550 Combo (2*2 ac) | Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining | USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C *1
- Very Powerful
- Very smooth display 120Hz
- Superbly fast
- Very Expensive
- Very short charging cable
- Display: 15.6 144Hz 7ms, IPS-Level FHD,Anti-Glare 1920×1080
- Processor: Core i7-8750H 2.2 – 4.1GHz | Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8G GDDR5
- System Memory: 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: 512GB NVME SSD
- Special Features: Designer White Edition | Ultra Thin 4.9mm Bezel | 144Hz 7ms Display | TPM Security | Thunderbolt 3
- Good RAM
- Excellent display
- Best gaming laptop
- Little expensive
- Processor: 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz.
- Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated).
- Display: 17.3-Inch diagonal Full HD IPS Anti-Glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) with 120Hz refresh rate.
- Memory: 12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible Memory Slots).
- Hard Drive and solid-state drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive.
- Battery life: up to 12 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage); up to 8 hours and 30 minutes (video playback); up to 6 hours and 45 minutes (wireless streaming).
- Dimensions AND weight (unpackaged): 16.65 inches (W) x 11.97 inches (D) x 1.30 inch (H); 8.33 pounds.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home.
- Very Powerful Graphics
- Specifications cannot be Upgraded
- Fast and best performance
- Low Battery life
Of course, you can buy cheap laptops but you may have to face performance once in a while and I’m sure you don’t want to face any of those issues while playing the games.
These are the Top 10 Best Laptops for VR Gamers who are looking to get one for them. I hope you liked it and if you have any suggestions, please drop in the comment section below.
Thanks for Sharing!